Thursday 28 April 2011

Never Too Old Or Late To Learn

   Most people do things according to sequence, usually follow the norm of our society. Same with me most of the time. What to do ? Like many others, most of us are conditioned in such a way since young. But don't you think that things are getting a bit boring, too predictable and we are just like robots doing the same routine everyday. It would be fun to break away from the norm, away from the monotonous flow every now and then. Let there be exceptions. Add some flavour and colours into our lives. What am I babbling here?

  Okay, take me for example- I went to primary school, followed by secondary school, then to high school and after that, finished my degree with honours, got a job, got married, have kids .....See the common flow?

   Against the flow? Most people learn to ride bicycle first, then get motorcycle license and then driving license. In this, I did it the other way round. I received my driving license at 18, a motorcycle license when in varsity in 1987 and only learned to ride a bicycle last October! Phobia, scared because saw friends got hurt while riding bicycle when I was young. I had no confidence to ride one. All my children could ride one ages ago. Some people were staring at me when I was learning, amused I bet. What? Learning how to ride a bicycle at this age? I heard some children saying,"Look!That auntie is learning to ride a bicycle!" As if I was performing a clown act in the circus! My husband pushed and held the bicycle from behind to help me stabilized on the bike. It was quite embarrassing but something to remember by and a wonderful experience nevertheless. Did a lot of funny 'stunts' while learning. My children were having fun laughing at me. Never too late to learn and don't let other people's opinion influence us too much. Must have our own mind in making decisions.  Overcome the hurdles bravely.


Prescription : When there is a will, there is a way. Learning is a continuous process.


(28.04.11-Thursday)


No comments: