Tuesday 26 April 2011

Topics To Avoid During Conversation

   Somehow everybody knows somebody and to know somebody, we need to communicate. To communicate, we need topics to start a conversation. Topics could range from simple exchanges of greetings, about the who and who, about the birds and the bees, flowers and trees or to maybe more serious stuff like the impact of world economics.

   Frankly, for me there are a few touchy topics which are best left alone unless I know that very person well. Topics that cover religion, race and politics. We must be careful when discussing such issues. What about you? Any particular topics that you usually avoid? Some people are ultra sensitive or reacted extraordinarily regarding such issues. I would not like to stir up sentiments or provoke anybody much less say something unacceptable or hurt someone unknowingly (sometimes still happen although we are already quite careful).

   On those topics, as humans who love peace, we should respect, be tolerance and accept the difference that exist. Nothing much to gain from arguing. Only will hurt feelings. I am a nobody on those topics. I may as well leave them to those who are more well verse and qualified. When those topics are brought up, I prefer to withhold my views and be more of a listener. No comment suit me better. A coward then? Well, maybe. Being a coward is better than trying to be smart at times. As I had mentioned in my earlier posts, everyone has his/her own preference or opinions. Their rights. Their views are theirs.


Prescription : Maintaining harmony is important- at home, workplace, among friends, anywhere.


(26.04.11-Tuesday)


No comments: