Tuesday 29 March 2011

Forgive and Forget

  A few days ago while I was walking in my neighbourhood, I came across a few children arguing and shouting at each other. They were disputing over a game they were playing and were calling each other cheats. Then they went home. Yesterday I came across this same group of children playing football happily together. Children are innocent lot and they easily forgive and forget. On the other hand, it is another situation for adults who are suppose to be mature and more critical in terms of thinking. Maybe we can forgive but to forget .....a crack is a crack and after restoring it, the crack is actually still there. 
  How many simple arguments have turned ugly and out of control in the heat of temper with no return. One small thing lead to another and oh my! A big eruption! How many divorces ended this way? How many siblings are not talking to each other anymore? How many grown up children and parents broke their ties? So am I right to say that sometimes having a good memory actually brings no good?


Prescription :  Should think before we talk...which sometimes prove rather difficult to do.


(29.03.1-Tuesday)


No comments: